Standard Communications Warranty against Defects
IMPORTANT: THIS WARRANTY APPLIES TO ALL GOODS SOLD BY US ON OR AFTER 1 JULY 2018 AND REPLACES ANY PREVIOUS WARRANTIES EITHER WRITTEN OR ORAL IN RELATION TO SUCH GOODS.
This warranty against defects (“Warranty”) is given by BCL Distribution Pty Ltd ACN 619 262 056.
Elig Brakes Australia does not warrant or support grey import products.
Only the Australia specific Street N95B, Sports SB539 and Racing KT111 compounds have been developed and tested for Australian conditions. These products are only available through Authorised channels.
Coverage and further information
This Warranty applies to all products purchased from Authorised Resellers in Australia.
- We warrant, to the original purchaser (“You”) that Our goods will be free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for 12 months or 5,000 kms from the date of purchase whichever occurs earlier (“Warranty Period”), provided that, subject to Our obligations under clause 3. We will at Our discretion either repair or replace goods where:
- We are satisfied that the goods are defective;
- You provide proof of original purchase; and
- Freight charges both ways are paid for by You;
- We accept no liability for loss or damage during transit.
- Any repair or replacement during the Warranty Period will NOT renew or extend the Warranty specified in this clause from the original date of purchase.
- Under The Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Our goods come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under The Australian Consumer Law; (Competition and Consumer Act 2010).
- Notwithstanding the preceding clauses, Our liability in respect of a breach of a consumer guarantee, condition, warranty or other obligation made under this Warranty is limited, to the extent permissible by law, at Our option to:
- in the case of goods We supply;
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of repairing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods;
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- in the case of goods We supply;
- To the extent permitted by law, all other warranties whether implied or otherwise, not set out in this Warranty are excluded and We are not liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to compensate You for:
- any additional costs or expenses;
- any loss of profit, revenue, business, contracts or anticipated savings;
- any loss or expense resulting from a claim by a third party; or
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever caused by Our failure in complying with our obligations.
- To make a claim pursuant to this Warranty You must, before the end of the Warranty Period, contact the reseller, distributor or workshop from where You purchased the product and follow their warranty claim instructions.
- This Warranty is in addition to and does not limit, exclude or restrict your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Australia) or any other mandatory protection laws that may apply.
All implied warranties including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall be limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Manufacturer shall have no liability for incidental or consequential damages whatsoever and in no event shall manufacturer be liable for any damages in excess of claimants purchase price for the product. This limited warranty is the sole express warranty made with regard to this product and is made in lieu of all other warranties whether oral or written.
What this warranty does not cover
- This warranty will not apply in relation to:
- goods modified or altered in any way;
- defects and damage caused by use with nonstandard tools;
- repairs performed other than by an authorised mechanical or brake expert;
- defects or damage resulting from misuse, accident, chemical corrosion, abuse, impact or neglect;
- claims of comfort, noise, vibration or harsh riding characteristics;
- goods improperly installed by unlicensed mechanic;
- goods where the serial number and/or part number on the product has been removed;
- where all associated components are not within recommended specification; or
- the product that has been subjected to conditions beyond those for which it was intended, such as, but not limited to, being used in any form of motor sport, unlawful use, or use in a model for which it was not designed for.
BCL Distribution PTY LTD cannot be held responsible for fitment if not installed by a licensed motor mechanic or licensed brake specialist, wear and tear and lack of maintenance, including situations where BCL Distribution’s product is used past the design limits.
Whilst we promote some of the products for use in motor sport applications, BCL Distribution cannot warrant the product when used in any form of motor sport. Warranty is for replacement of similar product or refund of purchase value only excluding all labour and ancillary charges such as, but not limited to, vehicle towing, fitting and inconvenience.
Motorsport Warranty Statement
BCL Distribution PTY LTD’s warranty will NOT apply in relation to use of the product for any form of motorsport. If the product is used in motorsport applications, BCL Distribution has no control on how or by whom the product is used. Vehicle modifications by the consumer are out of our control and may affect the braking requirements for the vehicle and it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure vehicle safety in these applications.
Returns & Refunds
Please see our Refund Policy.
Terms and Conditions
- No refunds for change of mind. Choose correctly before purchase.
- Any returns must be of original condition and packaging within 30 days.
- BCL Distribution PTY LTD must receive the goods in original condition and packaging for examination before a refund is returned. All postage fees are to be covered by the purchaser.
- 35% of total invoiced amount restocking fee applies.
For all returns, contact:
BCL Distribution PTY LTD
7/7 Birmingham Ave Villawood, NSW, Australia
Contact Number: 0424 519 217
Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm.